Thistle Dew Nutrition

Ramblings from a "Simpler" and perpertual student of natural health, with a strong focus on how to eat well to prevent chronic diseases.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saugatuck, Michigan, United States

***

Friday, November 10, 2006

The real reason for the poor economy

I got Ron one of those big back-pack leaf blowers for his birthday last spring, and I love it! I think he's used it twice, and I use it all the time. I cleaned out the gutters last Sunday, then I "raked" the leaves off the deck, patio (under the deck), and all around the house in about 3 hours. It used to take me 3 weekends! When I was done all I could think about is how we are loosing jobs NOT because of outsourcing, but because of gadgets like this leaf blower. I imgined that when I'm old I'll probably still be using it instead of hiring a couple of neighbor boys to rake for me. Then I thought about how that stinking leaf blower is also probably the cause of the obesity problems we Americans are having. Blame everything on the leaf blowers!

Don't get me started on the ozone layer...

I crack myself up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christal said...

Ya know. Cleaning ladies could also be contributing to the obesity of Americans.
( I know this one eats quite a bit). Har Har Har...

2:44 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

thank, thank, thank you for the leaf blower idea! My husband is the man with everything but he does not have a serious leaf blower. He has a little toy one that he bought at Home Depot (you know the one where the plastic blower hose keeps coming apart??)

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home